Saturday, August 28, 2010

How's the Water?

This post started out being just another grandkids swimming adventure.  After the temps dropped into the 50's the previous night, needless to say (but I'll say it anyway) the water was a liiiitttttllle nippy.  But the kids insisted on going for an evening swim.  So I decided to capture their little surprised faces as reality set in.

What I didn't realize at the time, was that I was also capturing the "father/son mirror images."

To wit:

Lauren wisely chooses the slow, methodical descent
into the pool.
Check out Neal and Jeff.  





Lauren is still hanging out on the top step.  Waiting till her ankles are numb.
Neal and Jeff are easily distracted.



Now for the thighs.
Neal and Jeff get the "raise your right arm" signal.


Goggles on....ready to jump in.
Neal and Jeff are MIA.



Lauren seems to be handling the cold water quite well.
I'm surprised.
Maybe someone should've taken my picture.

Jacob's strategy is to ride the shark awhile before submerging himself into the cold deep.



There's the look I've been waiting for.


Time to bundle up, cuddle up, and watch a movie about...
Big Foot.
Jacob has decided he doesn't ever want to go snow skiing.
Good movie choice, Papa.

No comments: