Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Quick Update

As you can see, I have a new template. I was looking for something that would allow me to put a big picture at the top and settled on this one. Then I couldn't find a picture worthy of the honor. Maybe soon. My brother-in-law brought it to my attention that it's the same template he and my sister have, yeah I noticed that after I had changed it. I think it's the same as Amy's as well. Sorry for the infringement. But I like it, so I'm keeping it.

Yesterday was a glorious day. First day in awhile that I've felt really good and energetic. I went into the gameroom/guest house/Jeff's storage room to look for something and got a wild hair to start cleaning. Then began hanging curtains--something that I've intended to do for over a year now. The cleaning frenzy lasted most of the day and now my back is screaming for mercy. A dip in the pool felt good. The water was cold--82-84 degrees. Why does water feel colder than air? The temperature yesterday was in the 80's, and felt HOT. But the same temperature water was freezing. Someone explain that to me.

Monday night the grandkids were here and desperately wanted to swim. I warned them that the water was not as warm as their last swim, but after putting their feet in, they were still insistent. I got their swimsuits on, then slipped on the floaties and Jacob yelled "CANNONBALL!" and jumped in. This is something new since Marcia's visit. He is no longer afraid for his face to get wet and is so proud of himself for going under water. He usually comes up asking for a towel to dry his eyes, but sometimes doesn't even need that. He's getting so big! Later in the evening, he began the game of mimicking....repeating everything we said. When his parents came to get them, he started repeating Trista. Trista: "Jacob stop it." Jacob: "Jacob stop it." Trista: "Jacob that's annoying." Jacob: "Jacob that's annoying." I remember Jeremy and Jeff doing that and how it got on my nerves. With Jacob, I think it's hysterical, which I'm sure annoys Trista as well. "Lita that's annoying." "Lita that's annoying."

Spanish class starts tonight. Five of us are enrolled. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roger thanks you for the acknowledgement of the wise selection he made in templates.

Anonymous said...

you go Jacob...cannonball!!!!!