Monday, July 10, 2006

Marble Slab

One thing that Oklahoma has that South Texas doesn't--Braum's Ice Cream. Anyone who knows me well, knows that ice cream is my biggest weakness. And Braum's knows how to do ice cream. So after almost three weeks in Texas, I was going through a bit of a withdrawal. Until......Killer Karrie introduced me to the Marble Slab Creamery. This place puts Braum's to shame. They make all their ice cream fresh daily in the store! Their waffle cones are also homemade and fresh, dipped in your choice of a variety of coatings. If that's not enough, you can choose any flavor of ice cream, then have them blend in any of your favorite goodies, from cookies, to cake to candy to fruit. After dipping your choice of ice cream, they use these paddles to fold in chunks of your favorite goodies. Last night, I had sweet cream ice cream with real pound cake and strawberries folded in, then topped with whipped cream. YUMMMMM!! I am now an official member of "The Slab Club" and after five purchases, I get a free ice cream!! How great is that?!

This morning Karrie and I had a good workout. I've gained 1.5 pounds since my arrival. I'm hoping it's muscle, but I have serious doubts after my visit to the Marble Slab last night.

No comments: