Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm a Wuss

I am definitely not cut out for manual labor! I started early this morning trying to remove the linoleum from the floor of the game room. Our hopes are that the concrete is in decent shape and we can stain it rather than carpet or tile. I had rented a "hot gun" (looks like an industrial hair dryer) and was positive that was all I needed to make the job easy. Wrong. By noon I had managed to remove about 2 sq. feet of the ugly vinyl. Time for Plan B. A trip to Home Depot to purchase the "right" tool for scraping, and solvent to loosen the glue. Two hours later and another 2 sq. ft. gone! In this 400 sq. ft. room, this may take awhile. The painters began packing up their tools around 2:30 (it is Friday, for Pete's sake) and decided to try their hand at scraping. They removed more in 10 minutes than I had all day!!! Okay, so maybe I've been slacking a little on the weight lifting. Plan C: wait until next weekend and put Neal on that job. This weekend I'll concentrate on getting up the rest of the tack strips off the wood floor in the house. No tears today, just blood and sweat. (I scraped my hand on the brick in the dining room, pulling up a tack strip.) My back hurts, my shoulders hurt, and my hands hurt...I can barely type this blog!

No comments: