Monday, April 07, 2008

Homecoming

I can finally make public the news that Neal is coming home! Not just his 3 days off every 18 days...but home to stay. In answer to many prayers, he is being moved to the facility in Skiatook (about 20 minutes away) and will finish his four and a half year job at BP in Texas City on Thursday. Just in time for all the spring work here at the farm. In preparation for his homecoming, I've been doing some reorganizing to make room for his "stuff." I've pretty much taken over our closet and now must clear out a wee bit of room for him. Since the renovation of the house, we've left the closet in the office unfinished. Now I need room for some of our off-season clothes, so I purchased a closet organizer and assembled it today. The instructions indicated an assembly time of 45 minutes. Liars. It took me most of the afternoon, but that's okay...it's done. The only problem was that when I drilled holes to attach the hanging bar to the wall, I saw light streaming in through the hole! Walked around to the hallway and yep, two nice little holes in the wall. Hmmm....gotta find something to hang there. Mom's painting of my Grandpa's barn seems perfect.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Lita-What an answered prayer indeed! How excited you must be to have some everyday help at that 'farm' of yours. YEAH!

Amy said...

I feel really out of the loop. I had no idea Neal was coming home for good. I must say, I am a little jealous. I am ready for John to be home for good.