Saturday, April 25, 2009

Husker

Remember this?

The puppy that Jeff "borrowed" for the day, but then named him "Husker?" As you may recall, the naming part worried me.  I've known this guy for 29 years.

So it was no surprise to me when I learned that he was, indeed, going to adopt Husker, but "not to worry, Mom, Carrie is going to keep him and housebreak him so that when I return to the south, I will take both him and Gracie to MY new home."

Well, since Jeff has now returned to MY home, it seems that this is now HUSKER'S new home as well.

But as you can see, Husker's "home" is not in the house.  And he's adjusting just fine.

Gracie is still somewhat aloof, and tries to pretend she hasn't noticed him.  



Which is no small feat when he's chewing on her ear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad some children can keep dogs at your place.

Unknown said...

Anonymous--I know who you are!

Anonymous said...

If Anonymous #1 is referring to his dog Hun*Satan*ter... I wouldn't let him keep his dog at my house either... even if I were looking for a guard dog and he told my roommate that we could have his, I would say, "no" then buy a Bullmastiff or something cute and lovey.
Love, Also Anonymous