Thursday, April 30, 2009

One of THOSE Days

It's been one of those days.

Woke up with a headache. 

Leaving for work, realized my office keys were NOT in my purse where they belong.

Hoping to goodness I left my keys at work.

Arrive at work and see that three of the staff are already there, whew!.....call Terry's cell phone...no answer.  Call the office phone...no answer.  Will somebody PLEASE let me in!!!!

Terry lets me in and I have to confess I've lost my keys. :-(

Check the desk lock to see if I left them there.  No such luck.

Call the other secretary, Sherri.  I'm sure she found them and put them in a safe place, because unlike moi, she's a responsible person.

Have to confess to Sherri that I lost my keys, leaving no doubt in her mind that I am incompetent.   She hasn't seen them. :-(  

Terry leaves at lunch and later calls to talk to Jason.  Jason's not in, but I can transfer you to his cell phone.  "Oh, can you do that?"  "Sure I can do that"--right???  Wrong--I hear it going to voicemail and for the life of me can't retrieve the call, expelling the myth that I actually know what I'm doing.

After work, go to the chiropractor who has the results of my x-rays, and to my relief, my head really isn't on straight!  I knew there had to be a good explanation.

2 comments:

Terry Rush said...

My friend,

You aren't fooling me for a minute. You did all of this on purpose to try to fit in with the rest of us!

You are so thoughtful that way!

I loooove working with you!

Shelly Collins said...

You are funny! :)