Monday, May 04, 2009

Random Thoughts Du Jour


  • Unlike my esteemed blogger friends who have designated a day of the week for "random thoughts" I will not name this post "Random Thoughts Monday." That would obligate me to yet one more thing...and I just can't handle the pressure.

  • I weeded flower beds today, because it's still too wet to mow my yard, which is more weeds than grass, and is now approaching 7" in height.  My former Tulsa neighbors would be aghast.

  • I miss my lawn boy, Randolph.

  • When I get to heaven, I will apologize to Grandma Crosby for doubting her when she accused others of stealing things from her house.  I thought she was senile.  Now people are stealing things from my house as well.  (Bring back my office keys, Nike workout shirt and Naneimo Bar recipe--you know who you are!!!)

  • Neal has quit dipping and I'm irritable.  Go figure.

  • If you work in the yard in chigger country, it's a good idea to put some bleach in your bath water.  However, shaving your legs would be better left til later.

  • When you live in a farm house that is more than half a century old, and it rains steadily for several days in a row, random electrical outlets and light switches quit working.  These will never be insignificant locations, but rather the ones that power your phone, computer modem and router.

    • I love Wal-Mart.  This is my new $9.00 telephone.  Yes, that black thingy hanging on the bottom is a cord, for those of you who've never seen one.  And yes, you have to sit or stand right next to the phone throughout your conversation.  Don't call me unless it's an emergency.
    • When you're having internet withdrawals, you become very resourceful.
    At least the extension cord is bright orange, so we won't trip over it.
    • Neal and I need to get away.  Preferably to opposite corners of the world.  (Did I mention that I'm irritable?)
    • I think the writers of LOST have "father issues" cause all of their characters do. Dude. Think about it.
    • I'm feeling much better now that I've got this all out of my system and had my bleach-water bath.  I shall now go fry some catfish to go with our tater salad, black-eyed peas and cornbread.

    2 comments:

    Shelly Collins said...

    I guess you're right about Lost. Can you talk Neal into talking my dad into stopping dipping?

    Unknown said...

    Shelly, I'll tell Neal to have a sit-down with your dad. But be prepared...your mom might get irritable.