Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm Not Bitter....Really

My favorite and oldest and youngest and only grandson graduated from Pre-K today.  So--you may ask--where are all the adorable pictures?  Well, somehow my least favorite son and daughter-in-law neglected to send me the memo.  Maybe it had something to do with this post from last year.  After all, I'm quite positive that they are avid fans of my blog.

So...anyhoo...I picked Jacob up at MeMe's house after work today and he came running out to show me the cool medal around his neck.  I said, "What's that for?"  He said, "It's for gratulations."  I like how he combines words to make up new ones.  Turns out that MeMe had saved me a seat at the ceremony, to which I didn't make an appearance.

Jacob was excited about coming to my house to check on the turtle and tadpoles, but somewhere along the highway route, he conked out.  It had obviously been a very exhausting day, what with all the excitement of graduation, from which I was absent.

When I pulled him out of the car, he opened his eyes long enough to mumble, "...at Nana's house...." then promptly fell back to sleep.  I put him in the baby bed, because I can't stand the fact that he's getting so big and reaching major milestones in his life right before my very eyes. On second thought, I didn't actually SEE this milestone.  (Do you detect a theme here?)

Well, I'm sure there will be many "gratulation" ceremonies in the future--and they will all be quite boring, except for the fact that he's my grandson.  And if I'm invited to the next one, I might just forgive his parents.

Oh, and if you want details and pictures you can go to Becky's Blog (MeMe), since me and my camera weren't there.  The link to her blog is in my Blogs I Read list.

7 comments:

Wilma said...

Oh-h-h-h-h!

Jeremy said...

That danged secretary! I will fire her first thing in the morning!

Trista said...

I so deserve this BLOG...and I'm firing my husband first thing in the morning....!

Terry Rush said...

Lita,

You have the right to remain silent in front of your ex-son and ex-daughter-in-law. You have the right to one phone call. You have the right to take the fifth.

I can tell this really hurt and I don't expect you to get over it until gifts and gift cards are offered in the deepest penitence.

Hold out. Do not give in. Those meanies!

Barbie said...

Lita,

I'm with you on this. I think maybe the Mimi's and the Nana's need to get each others phone numbers and call each other every other day to make sure we have all the info on these "Life Events" of our grandbabies.

Trista was here yesterday and was feeling very bad that you didn't know about Jacob's "gratulations".

I bet you get more than one phone call on all the future events to make sure you don't miss out.

From the "Mimi's and Nana's Club of Sand Springs" and your friend,
Barbie

Melanie said...

The deepest of hurts. I've experienced this. Not with my grandchildren, but with my oldest daughter. She got a teaching award and invited my mother (her grandmother) but did not invite her dad and I. Hurt for a long time! I'm sure your kids feel terrible...they better!

Heather said...

I must stop reading your blogs while I'm at work. I always laugh out loud, which leads to me having to explain why I just busted out in laughter to my boss. Good thing he thinks you're hilarious too! :)