Sunday, May 24, 2009

Surprise!

There are different kinds of surprises.  I'm usually a big fan of surprises.  

Yesterday, Neal and I worked hard all day.  He welded fence posts, mowed and edged the area around the pool and brush hogged the fields.  I did laundry and a little housework, planted flowers, scrubbed the pool lounge chairs and cleaned the pool.  As I was getting ready to run to the store to pick up some chips for our "build your own tacos" Neal walked in the kitchen with a fistful of wild flowers he had picked in the field.  "Surprise!"  Awwww.  He's so thoughtful.   



Of course I wanted to see where these were growing, so we hopped in the 4-wheeler and he took me to a plot behind a grove of trees and "surprise!" a virtual Monet painting, right there on our farm.









What a pleasant surprise.

This morning, I was sitting in the kitchen eating my Raisin Bran, when "surprise!" a furry little mouse ran across the floor and under the frig.  I am NOT fond of this kind of surprise.   I sat speechless for a moment, then saw the brave little critter sitting between the frig and cabinet staring at me.  The nerve!  Obviously he had been displaced from his home by all the mowing and brush hogging.

We have 3 traps set and I'm hoping to find a little surprise in one of them tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck and what beautiful pics of the flowers. I love it.

Shelly Collins said...

Wow, what professional looking photos! A good reminder to stop and notice the little things!

Kristen Bowen said...

aaaaawww your husband is adorable!