Monday, May 11, 2009

Sick Day

God works in mysterious ways.  After my last whiny post about not having time to spend with my grandchildren, Jeremy called this morning to ask if I could keep Jacob today, as he has a sore throat and can't go to school.  So I cancelled my work-out, grocery shopping and chiropractor appointment to stay home and nurse my grandson back to health.

Shortly after his arrival, I was talking to Jeff on the phone and told him Jacob was here with a sore throat.  Jacob piped up, "I don't have a sore throat, Nana."  "Oh....you don't?"  "No, I swallowed it."  Well there ya go.  The holistic approach to curing sore throats.  Couldn't have had anything to do with the Motrin Jeremy had given him before he came.

Here are a few of the things Jacob did on his "sick day."


Husker tickling.

Hay bale surfing.

Sky Diving.

Farm chores.



Safety first.

Gardening.

I promise...he begged to help me dig up my flower bed.
Don't turn me in for child labor.

We also made cookies, played GI Joe and, before the next dose of Motrin kicked in, had a little down time watching Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Amidst all the activity, I actually got some chores of my own done.  So all in all, it was a very productive day.  Just hope he can manage to swallow his sore throat tomorrow, since Nana has to go to work.

1 comment:

Wilma said...

Would you send me some Motrin? I think it is the perfect cure!