Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rock Fire Department Rocks!

This morning I balked at going to the Annual Rock Fire Department Auction.


Neal had to drag me out of the house, thermos of coffee in hand.  Turned out to be a blast! They even served sausage, biscuits and gravy for breakfast and hamburgers, hotdogs, frito chili pie, etc. for lunch.

Here's the loot we came home with.


7 horsepower tiller:  $175
(priced one last night at H0me Dep0t for over $700)



A BIG box
over half full of

strings of BIG Christmas lights, to light up our campsite:  $2


Zero Gravity lounge chair:  $30
(almost bought one of these this week at Atw00ds for $70)


Featherlite gas weedeater:  $7.50


Denon DVD player for the RV: $12.50

Chitchatting with our country neighbors and bidding like the pros:  Priceless.



6 comments:

jessica said...

Janet and Joe are going to be so jealous of your chair! Awesome buys!

Jenny said...

Do not let Joe know about this sale. I will repeat. Do NOT let Joe know about this sale. He must get rid of things before he can add :)

Wilma said...

I'm having a hard time deciding which items Neal wanted and which ones Lita wanted! Now let me see???

Terry Rush said...

Now....I finally figured why I like you!

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you give your very very bestest friend the chair?

Your very very bestest friend,
Janet

Anonymous said...

You need to collect more stuff, dude.