Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lita's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Or in the words of famous author, Terry Rush, "a day full of yeses."

Wednesday

9:00 - Mowed the grass inside the pool fence.  Oh, and we haven't had rain in....let's see....what's rain again?  It's also the 10th day of 100+ temperatures and at 9:00, we're already approaching that century mark.  Therefore the grass is dry and brittle and flies aimlessly (or should I say "aimfully") into the pool.
The Yes? - SOMEBODY has to get IN the pool to skim the grass out.  Me.

10:30 - In the pool skimming grass.  Realize the dog's gate has been left open while I was mowing.  Dogs are AWOL.  Walk to the barn, to the road, to the pond, searching....Did I mention it's 100 degrees?  Give up and get back in the pool.
The Yes? - Manage 6 laps in the pool (my exercise for the day) before I hear Duchess barking.  She's sitting on the cellar and Gracie is slowly making her way back from the neighbors to the north.  Both dogs are wet and dirty, but they've had a cool dip in the pond and are ready to get back home.

2:30 - Drive to the other side of Tulsa to my "specialty compounding pharmacy" to pick up my prescription--for those of you not familiar with Tulsa, every stinkin' expressway, state highway and major street are under construction--only to discover that it's not only the wrong prescription but the wrong pharmacy.
The Yes? - They kindly refunded my money and reversed my insurance claim within minutes.  Plus they refrained from treating me like a deranged, air-headed, blonde, for which I totally would not have blamed them.

4:00 - Arrive--hot and haggard--at my microderm abrasion appointment.  My favorite esthetician starts patting my face and informs me she can't perform the treatment because I'm SUNBURNED.  What???  I swear I don't go out the door without sunscreen!  Are you sure I'm not just red because I'm hot?  Yes, sweetie, I'm sure.
The Yes? - She offers to do a brow wax since I'm already here, which is almost as good as a face lift.

7:00 - Dreaded visit to our Bible study class from an elder who is not exactly thrilled with my choice of subjects this quarter. I've been stressing and praying about this all day.  Is he going to pull the plug?  Is this the final straw and I'll be kicked out of the CoC forever?
The Yes? - Our study continues, and I'm still a bonafide member.  For now.

No comments: