Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sesame Street

I am a brave grandmother! Today Jacob and I went to the Mabee Center to see all his favorite characters in Sesame Street Live. Thankfully, we brought Grandma Blevins along to help us out. Jacob was enthralled by the bright lights and music when we entered the theater. All the way to our seat he kept repeating, "Whoa! Whoa!" We had great seats on the floor next to the stage and Jacob took turns sitting in his own seat ($22) and sitting on the laps of Grandma and Nana. Before the show began, he was captivated by all the kids surrounding him. This particular showing (10:30 a.m.) was the most popular for schools and daycares. I was pleasantly surprised that the show held his interest for the entire time. Of course, towards the end, I'm sure those around us were getting a little annoyed that he kept batting around his balloon that Grandma Blevins bought for him during intermission. :) As we were climbing the stairs after the show, I allowed him to hold my hand and walk up the stairs by himself, not realizing that he would want to pick up every piece of popcorn that had spilled in the aisle! And there was PLENTY of that.

No comments: