Saturday, April 21, 2007

Kansas City

I spent a couple of days in KC with Jeff and returned home today. I finally made it to a baseball game Thursday afternoon and watched him in his coaching element. It was an impressive win...14-2. I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning his house. He really needs a wife. Although, he did surprise me with clean sheets on the guest bed! In between dusting (he insists that he has dusted within the last month but I'm skeptical) and vacuuming, I took a short break to visit him at school, meet some of his students and his fellow Art teachers. Speaking of vacuuming (is that even spelled right?), his bit the dust...pun intended. I guess you can't expect a $59 vacuum to last more than 3 years and the hair of two dogs. So after the Varsity game yesterday, then dinner and a movie, we made a trip to Walmart for a sturdier vacuum. During my cleaning frenzy, I sorted his mail, accumulated over several weeks and strewn throughout the house. He laughed at my neat piles of Bills, Important papers to file, Potential trash, Invitations needing RSVP, Shreddables, etc. How do people function this way????? I could hardly sleep Friday night, knowing that once I left, he would go back to his old habits. I had to bite my tongue to keep from pointing out that he needed to do laundry. Like he doesn't know when he's out of clean clothes? Did I mention that he needs a wife? I asked him when he last changed his air filter. He said, "Filter?". He's been living in this house close to 9 months!!! We managed to find the location of the filter and when he removed the old one he warned me not to look. I'm going to have to visit more often!

2 comments:

Terry Rush said...

Lita,

I love they way you are! Great post, my friend.

I love you today.

Terry Rush said...

Lita,

It's now May 10th. I think it's time to write another blog. This last one is growing hair.

Love you!