Monday, April 30, 2007

City Girl?

Five years ago (even one year ago) you could not have convinced me that today, April 30, 2007, I would be sitting on a lawn tractor, mowing a portion of our 19-acre "farm." It may be hard for some of you to believe. To believe that I would ever live outside city limits...to believe that, at my age, I've never ridden a lawn tractor! (I've lived a very sheltered life.) The renovations are coming along and my goal is to be ready for the big move-in in a couple of weeks.

Second note of interest. Today we are officially owners of a 40-acre tract of land in Western Oklahoma (Beckham County). Neal's dreams are coming true. When I first looked at this land, I said, "what are we thinking? are we nuts?" You may look at these pictures and think the very same thoughts. It looks to me like useless wasteland.




But Neal sees a hunter's paradise. If you'll look CLOSELY, you can see deer trails and tracks, turkey tracks and quail roosts. I think he's happy.


1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

I love the farm! Way to go!

I love you today!