Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Office

Not the TV show....although I have been watching the summer reruns and think it is hilarious. A little introduction to this room...I didn't get good pictures, but the ceiling was literally falling down in this room. It was torn out and a new ceiling put in, which meant blowing in more insulation. Again, ugly dark grayish green panelling and yucky carpet covering wood floors that turned out quite nice with lots of hard work. Yes, Sandra (I mean, anonymous) the pie safe was Grandma's, and I think it originally was Great Grandma Smith's. I know there was a long list of children and grandchildren that wanted it, but I promise, I didn't beg, whine or otherwise negotiate. The children just wisely decided it should be mine! Oh yeah, the crib will remain as long as I have grandbabies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color you chose for the walls. It looks so clean!

You just enjoy your furniture. We went garbage picking from our neighbors last week and got a beautiful coffee table and end tables! No Kidding!

Wilma said...

Actually the pie safe was Grandma Killingsworth's. I love the things you have done to your office. Wow!

Unknown said...

Help me out, Mom. I seem to recall someone saying that Grandpa built the pie safe. So was that Great Grandpa Killingsworth?

Unknown said...

Your house looks great. I was the one that antiqued the bedroom suit of Grandma Atchleys during the fad of the 60's. Loving antiques as I do today, I MESSED UP!

Aunt Sue