Thursday, July 26, 2007

Country Living


THINGS I LOVE ABOUT COUNTRY LIFE


1. Far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. (peace and quiet)


2. Land, lots of land. (move over Mr. Trump)


3. Wildlife. (picture above taken yesterday evening--she also has two fawns)


4. My swimming pool. (ahhhhhhhhh)


5. My front porch. (especially the porch swing)



THINGS I HATE ABOUT COUNTRY LIFE


1. Far away from civilization. (aka Starbucks and the Mall)


2. Land, lots of land. (lots of mowing, lots of weedeating, lots of steps to the mailbox)


3. Wildlife. (something ate my kittens)


4. My swimming pool. (the daily job to keep the chemicals balanced and the pool clean, not to mention the expense!)


5. The wood bees that have bored into the beams on the front porch. (between insect spray and the trusty tennis racquet, their number is dwindling, so hopefully they won't completely demolish the beam holding up my swing!)

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Lita,

I envy your "Country Life". I envy my gasoline savings. Maybe someday I'll have saved up enough to visit your country life! Then, I'll swing the tennis racket and bump off a few bees.

I love you! Today!