Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Year the Dogs Ate the GPS


THE YEAR THE DOGS ATE THE GPS


Twas three weeks before Christmas
And all is going well
We've done some Christmas shopping
And we're trying not to tell.

A notice of delivery
Has made its way to us
We're right on time with our gifts
So we're trying not to fuss.

When, out on the lawn
There arose such a clatter
Lita sprang to her feet
To see what was the matter.

When what to her wondering eyes do appear
All sorts of paper, what have we here?
A book? A paper? Oh, what a mess!
Or could it be? My parents' GPS?

Oh, Gracie! Oh, George!
We know what you ate.
We'll know where you are
Whenever you're late.

No matter where you go now
You'll never fool us,
Because you've eaten
Mom and Dad's compass.
This morning's discovery made my heart drop into my stomach. The DHL delivery man had left the package where it was accessible to the dogs. This was my parents' gift to each other for Christmas, and since they will be here for the holidays, they had it sent to me. Maybe not such a good idea. After giving George and Gracie a good scolding (which I'm sure had a tremendous impact) I gathered up all the trash and the GPS with broken display and multiple teeth marks and began the phone calls. First to DHL who in turn referred me to Amazon.com's claims department. Surprisingly, Amazon had never encountered such a dilemma. Hmmm. Go figure. Three cheers for Amazon who graciously offered to replace the GPS at no cost! So here's my free advertisment for the Customer Service at Amazon.com. Get online now and start ordering your holiday gifts!
By the way, my Mom gets credit for the clever poem.

3 comments:

jessica said...

That is so funny. Sounds like you all have your hands full with those dogs. Glad it all worked out.

Jenny said...

Now it's all funny since we know the outcome was good, but I would have been FURIOUS with those dogs! They have seem to be more trouble than anything;) You are a very good mom to let those things stay around. Don't get me started on my old pal Dex and the 'hate' my mom had for him . . .ha!

Amy said...

I wish there was someone I could have called when my dog ate all the siding off the back of the house!

I am really impressed with Amazon.com.