Friday, November 30, 2007

More Conversations with Jacob

Jacob spent some quality time with me on Wednesday. He decided to watch a little Nick Jr. and eat a cookie. I was busy in the kitchen and he came to me asking for a bowl for his cookies. I gave him a plastic bowl and said, "Will this work?" He reluctantly took it and fiddled with it for a few minutes then said again, "I need a bowl for my cookies." I said, "Do you want another cookie?" "Yes." So I took the lid off of my huge ceramic cookie jar and held it low for him to reach in. Instead, he wrapped his arms around the jar and said, "That'll work!" and proceeded to the living room for more TV and cookies.
Later that day....I said, "I'm going to go pee-pee." Jacob: "You want me to come wif you?" Sure, why not? While taking care of business, Jacob explores the bathroom drawers and finds a razor handle with no blade. "Oh no, Nana, it's broken!" Nana: "Yeah, I guess somebody broke it." Jacob: "Probly Jeff."
Yesterday, I picked both kids up from school and daycare. We went to my in-laws to pick up a package I had sent there. (I take no chances with the dogs ;~) ) When we pulled up to their house Jacob said, "What place is this?" I guess he's mostly been there after dark. "It's Grandma and Grandpa's house." "OOOOHHHH, are the kids here?" (Memories of Thanksgiving.) "No, but the toys are still here." Later on...Grandpa walks in with an armload, including some deer antlers. "Gwampa, you shoot a big buck?" Which reminds me that Jeremy came in from hunting the other day emptyhanded and Jacob consoled him by saying, "That's okay, Dad, you'll get 'im next time." As we were preparing to leave Gwama and Gwampa's, Jacob begins stuffing his pocket with matchbox cars and tiny dinosaurs. He quietly walks over to me and softly says, "I take these home in my pocket, you can't see 'em."

No comments: