Monday, June 08, 2009

Nothing in Particular

I'm absorbed in VBS this week and the Mexico departure date is this Saturday, so I can't focus on one topic for a blog.  Try to follow along.

Friday night we went out to eat with Jeremy, Trista and Lauren.  Lauren sat between me and Papa and spotted my purse (the one that I had to retrieve from her closet a couple of weeks ago).  Lauren was so excited and said, "My poyse!!!  Nana!  You found my poyse!"

Last Saturday was the Crosby Reunion.  This is Neal's mom's side of the family, who (whom?) I adore.  All of my m-i-l's brothers and sisters were there....

The three sisters were in charge of the reunion this year and did a fantastic job of organizing it. I ate way too much Crosby cooking and had my eye on a cot Nancy had set up under a shade tree. Bryan, too, was thinking siesta, so instead of arm-wrestling him for it, some of us girls went for a walk to try to burn off the key lime pie and carrot cake.  Come to think of it, I never did see anyone lying on the cot, so...once again...opportunity knocks, and I pretend not to be home.

This is Neal with his two uncles.  As you can see, there is a strong resemblance to Uncle Max. Eddie hit the jackpot and got Granddad Herb's hair.  Neal & Max not only look alike, but act alike. Max has me constantly laughing.  They were trying to persuade Bruce to shave his head and Max said, "looks like if you wait just a little longer, you won't have to."  He cracks me up.


Jacob FINALLY returned home from Roaring River on Saturday, and immediately needed to come see Nana and Papa.  I had gone to the church building to look for a VBS costume for Neal and got a phone call on my way home.  Jacob was going for a swim and they discovered that the water guns from last summer didn't work.  So Neal wanted me to stop at Walmart to buy some new ones.  When I got home I presented the new guns to the utter delight of both Jacob and Lauren. Jacob ran to show Papa the new guns and Neal said, "How did Nana know we needed new guns?" Jacob, in almost a whisper, said, "She just knows, Papa, she just knows."

I'm really excited to have Jacob attend our VBS this year.  Someone that's not so excited is Lauren.  She just knew she was going to "Bible" with Nana again, remembering our weekly Tuesday bible studies.  *sniff, sniff*  She really wanted to stay at VBS last night.  Next year she'll be old enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed Jacob last night! I have enjoyed Baylor, Piercen and Jacob. They are all so talkative and have the cutest things to say.

Janet