Friday, March 18, 2011

Texas Again

Good news.  I did not get pulled over by the highway patrol yesterday.

Bad news.  I pulled myself over twice, 'cause I was convinceed I was having a heart attack.  You tell me.  Crushing pain in my chest and between my shoulder blades.  Radiating pain in left arm.  Pain in both jaws.  Shortness of breath. Classic signs, right?  I mean, I'm not a doctor, but my nephew is, so that counts.

What to do, what to do?  Pulled off the road the first time trying to catch my breath and relax.  Second time was to ask my GPS for directions to the nearest hospital.  Nineteen miles to a hospital in Crockett.  Okay God, if this is NOT a heart attack, please make my symptoms subside before I'm at the crossroads and have to commit to a lengthy delay at a small town ER.  At the very last moment (over an hour into the pain) my symptoms eased up.  If that's not an answer to prayer, I don't know what is.  Thank you, Lord!

On a lighter note, I am LOVING this place in Texas.  Janet, we seriously need to explore our idea for the summer.

This is the spot I have saved for you and Joe.  Number 257.


There are only a few of these hot-tub spaces left, so don't dilly-dally.  I don't know how long they'll hold it for you.

This is the view from #257.


When the kids come to visit, they can stay in one of these:

The grandkids can:

...swim in the family pool


leaving the adult pool and hot tub for us  (Although you'll have your own hot tub if you act quickly.)

play some hoops

or just swing, within eye and ear shot of our trailer.


Last night we chowed down on boiled crawfish, shrimp, sausage, corn, and mushrooms at The Crawfish Shack.  Ayeeeeeee!  

Note to self:  Never wear your favorite white shirt to eat crawfish.

Despite the fact that it's Spring Break, and the place was packed with college kids, and it allows it's patrons to byob (in large coolers, no less), and we had to share a table with said co-eds....it was a fabulous evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Lita, do you suffer from anxiety? Did you figure out what was wrong with you? You are way to young to have heart problems. Please see a doctor and not your nephew....OK? Otherwise, have a great time wherever you are!
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

How much? Is it for short term camping? What is the deal with the anxiety attack? That is so scary. It really does feel like a heart attack. I'm using Jennifer's laptop. Takes a little getting use to but I like it. It's a Mac. Take it easy this weekend.

Janet

Linda said...

Looks like a place I need to visit. Now about these chest pains. Might need some follow up, right??