Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mâcon

Thursday we reluctantly left Switzerland.  Destination--Mâcon, France.  And can I just tell you how excited I am to have finally figured out how to put the little carrot-top on the a?

Mâcon (I may have to type that word several times just cause I'm so proud of myself) was how you say....vewee dee-fer-ant.  Probably THE most strange/different city we visited.


The Saint-Laurent bridge was built in the 11th century!


Saint Vincent Cathedral
Base of towers constructed in the 11th century and octagonal tops in the 13th.

Here's something interesting.  The Wooden House--circa 1490-1510.


It was adorned with rows of these ugly carved monkeys.  In several different "awkward" positions.


They really kinda creeped me out.

And then we had dinner at the most extravagant, expensive restaurant of the entire trip. There were like 23 courses or something.  Janet dressed up for the occasion.  Wearing her SSCC VBS t-shirt (that she slept in the night before) with a pirate on the front...circa 2011.  We tried to nonchalantly fade her into the background. But she doesn't make it easy.


Next stop--Versailles.

1 comment:

Wilma said...

Janet!, Janet!, Janet!