Monday, November 14, 2011

The Neverending Story

I'm sure that's how it seems to my long list of readers.  Thanks for your perseverance, Mom.

Actually we were wishing that it WOULD never end.  Every new country, new city, new restroom stop, was an adventure.

This is the end of day 6 (Monday evening) and I think the girls still look pretty chipper.

We got even chippier when we discovered that this hotel had wi-fi.  And all our fb friends would now be inundated with every obnoxious detail and movement.

Tuesday morning, we began our journey to Switzerland, but we weren't done with Germany yet.  We spent some time in Freiburg...


...where they were busy setting up their daily market in the town square...








These waters are said to have healing qualities.

 And I'm pretty sure Gideon would choose me.


If my memory serves me, I think this is where the first breakdown in communication occurred.  Greg said to meet back at the car at 12:00.  Janet was sure he said 12:30.  So for 30 minutes, Greg was convinced that we were lost or kidnapped.  No such luck, Greg.  We're yours for the entire trip.

This is also where I purchased my infamous souvenir.  The one that I've now been informed is a replica of the German "Iron Cross."


The only thing missing is the swastika in the middle.  So here's my question.  Do I still wear it?  It's super cute!




No comments: