Sunday, June 03, 2012

Memorial Weekend

I spent last weekend in Corpus Christi.  'Cause Oklahoma is just not quite hot and muggy enough yet.  And that's where my husband is. Corpus Christi, that is.  Home to some of the finest seafood dining.  It's my personal goal to find the best seafood restaurants in the country.  

Saturday night at George's ranked in the top 10.  It used to be Two George's, but after it burned down a couple of years ago, it reopened as George's.  Long story.  But the point is, the fried colossal shrimp and blackened snapper were superb. 

Neal & I recently did an assessment to find out what our "Love Language" is.  Not that we really care, but it was an assignment for our Sunday School Class.  I was kind of surprised that his was "Quality Time."  I would've guessed something else........aaaaanyway.

Sunday afternoon we spent some Quality Time.  Fishing.  Together.


Sort of.


Apparently, me being within earshot counts for quality time.

And of course, I was there to document the big catch.  Quality.


That night we went to dinner with friends at the Water Street Oyster Bar and Seafood Co. Where I ordered (surprise!!) Rib Eye, medium rare --- with a side of stuffed, bacon-wrapped shrimp.  It was a most excellent dinner.  And then our dining companion mentioned he's the same age as my son.  Thanks Mitch....'preciatecha.

Monday, my sweet husband, still on a quest for quality time, went antiquing with me.  And I found this


which I shall dry brush paint white, or maybe not.  We'll see.  It's not really antique, but it'll make a cute towel holder in my NEW BATHROOM.  Which is almost done!  

And now I'm rambling.  It's past my bedtime.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is TD. Where we you fishing? And I do not mean C.C. Please be a little more exact if you can.

Unknown said...

Mustang Island. That's about as specific as I can get. If I tell you more, I'll have to kill you.