Sunday, May 05, 2013

Triumphs and Heartbreak

This was a killer weekend.

Baseball tournament in Bixby and State Gymnastics Competition in Bartlesville.


It's a beautiful day for baseball.


42 degrees and rain/sleet/hail


The 10:45 game finally kicked off at 1:53. 

I've endured worse.  In March.  In Lincoln, NE.

On the bright side--I finished my book--Sarah's Key--which I highly recommend.  Not quite as good as The Book Thief.  But still quite good.

It was a tough loss.  Bottom of 6th, 2 outs, winning run scores. :(  Jacob was really down on himself for missing a fly ball.  All the boys were down.

Trista and I left before the second game started so we could make the hour and a half drive to the gymnastics meet.  On the way, she got a text that Jacob hit a grand slam! They won that game 12-4.

I'm pretty pumped that gymnastics is an indoor sport.

Presenting....Airborne Athletics!






Clearly, Lauren was not feeling her usual perky self.
You would never guess it by her performance.
 Catching some air.
I think she told me this was a "saché" but I get confused. 


And...the dismount.
She. Is. Awesome.
And I'm getting really good at holding my breath.  Just sayin'.


I thought I video'd her floor exercise.  It was fabulous!  Nailed the back hand-spring with no spotter.  But instead of video-ing, I got a picture of the start...


and the finish...


I'm such a dork.

Her best scores yet = Bars 8.4 - Beam 8.5 - Floor 9.35 - Puked her guts up all over her leo - Vault 8.7
In that order.  I told you she didn't feel good.

Anyway...
2nd Place All-Around

There's that smile.


Conversation in the car:  
Lauren:  Nana, do you know "2 Black Cadillacs"?
Me:  No I don't.
Lauren:  Oh, you just listen to Jesus songs.  Cause you LOVE Jesus.

Well I guess if that's the legacy I leave, I'll be happy with that.  I just hope she sees it in my life as much as in my radio station choice.

Jacob's game today went down just about exactly like the first.  Bottom of 6th, 2 outs, opponents score winning run.  But the weather was a lot more cooperative and the boys need more practice at losing with grace.


Cold. Exhausted. Sore back and butt.  I wouldn't have it any other way. 







No comments: