Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Full House

Jeremy, Trista and 2-yr. old Jacob are now permanent residents at our house. Despite mis-matched furniture in the livingroom, boxes piled in the garage, a constant array of balls, bats, drums, guitars, guns, etc. strewn throughout the house and the occasional surrender to a Wiggles video in lieu of the evening news, we are adjusting quite nicely. Jacob is in his third week of preschool (3 days a week) and is also adjusting well. It's a Christian school, so it's nice to know that what he's being taught at home is being reinforced at school. He has been under the weather the last few days and visited the doc yesterday. Fluid behind the ear and "sinus infection"? I didn't know toddlers got sinus infections. Anyway, fortunately he's very good at taking medicine. Their house is finally under construction and hopefully framing will begin next week. Trista is already overwhelmed by all the decisions that come with building. Being 8 months pregnant doesn't help. I've always said that pregnant women shouldn't make important decisions, but most of the big ones will come after the baby is born. That's just 3 weeks from today!

I am recovering quickly from my recent surgery. (Bills are already starting to roll in.) I'm having a hard time remembering that I can't (shouldn't) lift Jacob. When his sister gets here, it will be exactly 5 weeks since my surgery and I should be back to regular activity by then. Just in time to help out with the new grandbaby.

No comments: