Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bittersweet Signs of Fall

Our new pool cover was installed on Thursday and the pool is now closed for the winter. *sigh* That leaves me with less "chores" and I can completely forget anything to do with the pool for the next 8 months, which is a huge relief. But I'm kinda sad, too. The last couple of weeks we've had beautiful weather, with days in the mid to high 80's. But the nights are getting chilly which has caused the water temperature to plummet and swimming all but impossible. And no, I will not pay the cost of heating a 32,000 gallon pool! I almost jumped in for one last swim on Wednesday, but couldn't get up enough nerve. The members of the Polar Bear Club have to be insane. I already miss the afternoon swims and Monday water aerobics with Janet. On the bright side, my new cover is awesome. Not only does it look nice, it is strong enough to walk across, so no worries about grandkids wandering into the pool, or uninvited wildlife moving in for the winter. And we can look forward to the Spring opening of the pool, without the dreaded weeks of leaf and debris removal. A bittersweet end to the Summer.

No comments: