Thursday, October 11, 2007

Conversations with Jacob


I picked Jacob up from preschool yesterday. When he got in the car he said, "I tired. I go to you house and watch Funbob Fwarepants and eat cantaloupe." Guess we'd better stop at Homeland and buy some cantaloupe.


Yesterday, I spent all morning cleaning house. When Jacob went into "Jeff's room" to play with his "Enigh, Enigh Joes" he said, "You cleaned the carpet! Thank you, Nana!"


JoAnn stopped by after work to visit with me and the kids. When Jeremy & Trista came, Jacob didn't want to go home. He pointed to JoAnn and said, "I go home with that!" Not too long ago, he had spent an afternoon with JoAnn and apparently they made cookies. Of course, who can resist those big blue eyes. JoAnn took him home to make cookies, after working an 8-hour day. It's funny that he referred to her as "that" since he informed me the other day that "Gwacie is a girl and George is a boy." And that "Gwacie is my best fwend," even though it's George that pays him the most attention and vice versa.


We're trying to cut back on the dairy products due to his "bowel problems" and give him more fiber. As I was cutting up his apple he said, "I need some cheese." Continuing to cut and peel, I casually said, "I don't think I have any cheese." (little white lie) Before I've finished preparing the apple, he has the grated cheese out of the frig drawer and is in the process of opening the bag. "Okay, just a little cheese to go with the apple." I'm not completely unreasonable. Besides, I usually want a little cheese with my apple, too.


Lest you think I have him totally spoiled, I had to get on to him the other day. After pouting for a few minutes he informed me, "Nana, you hurt my feelings." Oh, he's already learning to use those big blue eyes!

4 comments:

Wilma said...

What a handsome boy. I can just hear him saying those things.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Terry Rush said...

Good to hear your stories, friend.

You are way important to so many...and.....I love you today!

Amy said...

I don't know if Jacob likes cereal or not but Fiber One Honey Clusters are pretty good and sweet. They have 13 grams of fiber per serving. Also, they have a "sprinkle" fiber that you can add to any of your food with out adding any flavor. I think it is made by Benefiber. I hate interupted bowels, so I thought I would suggest a few things :)

Anonymous said...

Cooper has the same problem. I didn't know dairy was a problem. I thought milk could give you diarea. (that doesn't look right but you know what I mean) Jennifer wants to get a bread machine because that keeps Cooper regulated. When he ran out of my bread last time he asked Jennifer "What am I going to do now?!" Aren't they cute.