Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Girls' Weekend


I spent last weekend with my sisters and Mom. This was the first time we'd planned a weekend for the girls. Our families are growing and the distance between us seems ever-widening. We had a great time shopping, eating, hot-tubbing and laughing. I think we all agreed this should be an annual event. But next year, I think we should choose a neutral destination so that my little sister doesn't have to play hostess (although she's a natural). It doesn't seem fair that she should have to cook for us and launder the linens when we leave.


After returning home late Monday night, 7:00 came way too early Tuesday morning. I actually debated whether to get up and go to BSF or stay snuggled in my warm bed for another hour or so. Fortunately, I made the right decision and was renewed and refreshed at Bible study. When I checked my messages after BSF, I found that Jeremy had been frantically trying to track me down. He and the kids were sick at home and needed Nana's helping hand. So the rest of the day was spent at their house. Jeremy immediately retreated to his bedroom and a couple of hours later Lauren was willing to nap as well. Jacob decided to take his nap in his "beshroom" but wanted me to lie next to him. Noooo problemmmmm!! Soon we were all four dead to the world. No calls today, so I hope that means everyone is on the mend.

No comments: