Monday, June 30, 2008

The Lord is My Strength



"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms....If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 4:10-11





Although I've read this verse a multitude of times, it has never meant so much to me as it does today. I have always mentally translated the word "strength" to mean an inner strength, emotional strength, spiritual strength. Last week God provided me with physical strength to serve His people in Mexico. For the past month or so, my herniated disk has been causing more and more pain and debilitation. Two weeks ago, I seriously contemplated backing out of the mission trip, thinking to myself "what am I doing, I can hardly walk, much less do construction work." What a mistake that would have been. What limitations we put on the power of God. Each day God was put to the test, and each day He blessed beyond my imagination.



I grew up in the mission field. My dad spent many years growing the church in Canada. I know that he and Mom have made a difference. For the first time in my life, I feel like I have made a difference. Me. I'm no longer a missionary's daughter. I am a missionary. The Mexican people have a place in my heart. I will return.

A day-by-day summary of our trip will be posted in the next few days.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't wait to read and see pictures of your journey! Don't make us wait to long;)

Wilma said...

Lita, you have been a missionary all your life. We have often said that you girls were the best missionaries we had in St. Thomas.

Mom