Saturday, May 01, 2010

Poolside Thoughts

What?  Saturday afternoon and I have the pool all to myself?  Really?  Almost like home.

I must have hamster lungs. Can't even manage 2 laps in the pool.  Smiley, we have work to do.

The water in my pool won't be this warm in August.

Why is Shane Coffman's voice singing "Heal Me" over and over in my head?

Spoke too soon, here comes pale, blonde woman, with dark-skinned son.  Oh well, I had almost an hour of solitude.

Oh good, they brought music!

Shucks.  Latino music.

Dark-skinned son wants my noodle?  Sure....take it.  I mean, what am I gonna tell a 10 year old?

Hey!  That's one of my Zumba songs!  Makes me wanna get up and dance.  Sort of.  Not really.

Where is that perpetual Corpus Christi wind?  I could use a nice breeze about now.

"It's after midnight, and something evil's lurking in the dark...."  Oh!  That's Neal's ringtone.  Hi, babe.  Yep, at the pool again, now you get back to work and I'll try not to drip in the RV.

Is that a bug crawling, or a drop of water sliding down the back of my thigh?  Don't have enough energy to check.

The ice in my thermal cup is already melted?  No way.

A black swimsuit in South Texas.  Lita!  What were you thinking?

Goody, George Strait.  Not really a country fan, more of a 70's pop girl, but better than what I've been listening to.  (No offense Shane.)

Tonite we're grilling instead of eating out.  Don't have to do my hair...yay!  No make-up either...double-yay!

I hope Harley guy next door doesn't have to go to work at 5:00 tomorrow morning.  Very annoying.

I'm still hearing "Heal Me." Is God trying to tell me something? I think He's getting drowned out by the mariachi music.

It really hurts my neck to lay on my stomach and turn my head sideways. They should make lounge chairs like massage tables, where there's a hole for your face.  I think I'll invent one.  And while I'm at it, I'll make two holes at the bottom for your feet!  Yeah, that's what I'll do.

1 comment:

Jeanette Livingston said...

When I was pregnant I always wished they would invent a chair that had a hole for your belly. I had a tan on the front of me but not on the back when I was pg.