Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Conversations with Lauren

Before leaving to come to Nana's house:
Mommy:  Don't get your new shoes dirty.  (At my house? Trista, what are you thinking?)
Lauren:   (with attitude) Duu-uh!
(She told me later that she learned that from Miss Tirita, her dance teacher.)

Eating chocolate chip cookies at Queenies:

Lauren:  Cookies...cookies...cookies and cream.  What's the matter with the uuuther team?

Lauren:  Chocolate is good for you.
Nana:  That's right.  It's good for your brain.  It makes you smart.  (Ya gotta teach them early.)

Driving around Utica Square:
Lauren:  This is where we went wif Grampa Smif.
Nana:  Yeah.  We ate lunch at Olive Garden--back in July.  (That chocolate is a miracle food.)

Lauren:  When Jacob was reading a book to me, and Piercen was reading a book, they both kissed me on the cheek.
Nana:  How sweet!
Lauren:  'Cause boys can't kiss girls on the lips.  Only Momma's and Nana's and Mimi's can kiss me on the lips.  Boys have to kiss me on the cheeks. 
Nana:  And don't you forget it, princess! 

1 comment:

Wilma said...

My life is really boring. You have these beautiful children to blog about and all I can blog about is fruit flies!