Monday, February 21, 2011

Lake Home

Well, it's not really a "home."  It's an RV.




And it's not really a "lake."  It's the San Jacinto River.


But it's probably the closest we'll ever come to our dream of having a "lake home."

Neal chose the spot.  Spot #178 out of 299 spots.  This one being in very close proximity to the fishing dock.



But very far away from the wi-fi signal.  Neal, Neal, Neal.  It's all about Neal.  

So I'm sitting in the clubhouse, where I just finished a vigorous workout in the gym, waiting for my load of laundry to dry, and getting my internet fix.

The drive here was only nine hours.  Could've been eight if I hadn't stopped for breakfast and lunch.  And if the highway patrol hadn't pulled me over for doing 38 through the toll booth.  Are you kidding me?  But I did get to show my Concealed Weapon License for the first time.  So that was cool.  And if my GPS had known that 610 would be closed, so no matter how much she wanted to "recalculate" I still had to drive in circles trying to figure out another way to reach my destination.  I've decided it would be about the same price to fly.  What with the high cost of gasoline, not to mention meals, tolls and the occasional speeding ticket.  Not sayin' that I got a ticket.  But if I did.......

I had only been here 20 minutes when some kind of stomach bug hit me. Great timing.  I'm thinking it was the quarter pounder I had for lunch.  Neal had planned and had been anxiously anticipating dinner at Pappas Seafood, since he's been living on Wolf Brand Chili and smoked sausage for the last three weeks.  Now, under normal circumstances, this would've been one of my favorite cuisines (the Pappas--not the chili and sausage).  But the smell alone almost made me barf, and I watched Neal polish off a plate the size of a turkey platter piled with shrimp, oysters, fish, and crab, while I managed to force down a few ounces of clam chowder.  So not fair.

I woke yesterday feeling fine. Neal had the day off and cooked breakfast, then grilled steak for dinner. I'm hoping for Tex-Mex tonite, and if that happens, all will be right with the world again.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in Mexico? How long? Glad you are packing heat, be safe.
Jeanette

Wilma said...

Did you get a ticket???? And, why did you have to show your concealed weapon license? And...did you get TexMex?

Terry Rush said...

Now let me get this straight:

1. My secretary got a speeding ticket and nearly began her own prison ministry?

2. And then she actually used the word "barf" in public square?

I think you just better be getting yourself home real fast little missy!

Ah...but just as you leave, be sure to have Neal shovel off any snow from the hood of the car....

Lisa Shilts said...

Todd wants to know if the cop said anything about your hair?