Sunday, February 06, 2011

Stella's Turn?

So, after the great hunting skills were demonstrated by my number one favorite cat, Sophie........this question haunted my thoughts:  "Are there more mice where that came from?"

And the answer is----"Of course, hammerhead, there are ALWAYS more mice."

In fact, the very next evening (Friday), after a lovely meal of salmon, wild rice, salad and rolls, I dutifully began cleaning up the dishes...Are you ready?...opened the dishwasher...You know it's coming...pulled out the bottom rack..and there he was.  Scamperin' around the bottom of the dishwasher and skeedaddlin' into the drain holes.  "Oh, Steeeeeeellllllla!!!!!  Here's your chance to even the score!"

But do you think she wanted anything to do with it?  Um.....no.

So, naturally, I shut the door and started the rinse cycle.

Which left me with a dazed and confused half-drowned mouse.  Still breathing.

Got the tongs and literally SERVED the wet mouse to Stella.




 Sophie's just dyin' to get in on the action.

But she patiently stands by.
"You have much to learn, grasshopper."
And you'll notice the electronic mouse repeller plugged into the wall.
Lotta good that's doin'. 

I know that some of you are totally grossed out by this, and may never step foot in my house again.  Just keepin' it real, here.  This is my life.


4 comments:

Wilma said...

How in the world did a mouse get into your dishwasher?

Unknown said...

Probably the same way the cold air gets into the dishwasher!

Anonymous said...

Yea...about those tongs...

Jeanette (anonymous)

Terry Rush said...

You are starting to scare me.

Does Neal know about this?

Tell me again who hit their head?