Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good Times

Fun drive home.  Can raindrops be the size of golf balls?  I thought for sure they were gonna break my windshield.  Then it started to hail.  Well...this can't be good.  Do I try to drive through it and just get home?  Do I pull over and wait it out?  Driving 50 mph against hail is surely not safe.  Pulled over...briefly. Then decided to just get home and in the garage.

Once safely in my garage, I tried to survey any damage.  So far, so good.  I'll know more tomorrow, when I can pull it out into the (please, Lord) sunlight.

But now a new dilemma.  See, I'm not fortunate enough to have an attached garage.  But...okay...I am fortunate to have a garage.  Excuse the whining.  I now have to get into the house.  And I have on my brand new New Balance shoes.  So, off they come--and run for cover.  Ouch!  Didn't think about the hazards of running barefoot over hail stones.

Safely in the house now, soaking my bruised feet.  Good times in Oklahoma!

No comments: