Monday, May 09, 2011

Weekend Highlights

Saturday morning, a man in my yoga class started snoring during the last savasana (corpse pose).  Which proves my theory that clearing one's mind is much simpler for men than women.  Men just have to clear one thought, while the task is much greater for women, who have a million to-do's, worries and ideas bouncing around in their brains.

Enjoyed a wonderfully delicious luncheon among good friends to celebrate our neighbor's graduation from TU.

Drove 22 miles to purchase flowers and tomato plants.  Found a great parking place, right next to the garden department. Reached for my purse and realized I'd left it at home.  Drove 22 miles back home, then 22 miles back to the store, and of course...22 miles back home.  That's right.  Eight-eight miles.  That's roughly $16 worth of gas. Fortunately, my thoughtful bosses had given me a gift card for Secretary's Day that covered the cost of the flowers. I found an equally good parking spot on the second trip and had a great visit with an old friend in the checkout line.  I think that's called a serendipity or a "lagniappe" if you're Cajun.

I intended to buy "Big Boy" and "Beefsteak" tomato plants.  But got home with "Big Boy" and "Bush Cherry."  I'm not a fan of cherry tomatoes.  But neither am I a fan of driving another 44 miles round trip to return them.  So I will have plenty of cherry tomatoes to give away in August.

I got carried away and decided to plant flowers in the gate posts.

You probably can't tell, but the planters are taller than me.  Which explains why I haven't bothered before.  But being the resourceful person that I am, I drove this


right up to the posts and stood in the bed to do my planting.  All the while, shouting to passersby, "Yes!  I'm a crazy woman!"

But won't they feel silly (and just a tad bit envious) when these beauties start vining down the posts?


Who'll be crazy then? I ask.  Who will be crazy then?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is an older gentleman in my AOS class that makes it clear that he thinks of only one thing. You are an industrious lady! Can't wait to see the flowers blooming!
Jeanette