Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, blah, blah, blah

We actually had a discussion as to whether or not we would visit the Louvre.  Oh my goodness!  I can't believe we almost missed this.



Apparently there has been some controversy about the three modern glass pyramids in the courtyard.  I must say, I don't really fancy this particular blending of the old and the new.  But then, I'm not an artist.  I just love art.

Know what I'm sayin'?


The outside is almost as beautiful as the works of art inside.

 Case in point....
This is what Ted & Greg had to put up with.  Cargo Pants Girl trying to strike a pose, Monkey Impression and Betty Boop.  My apologies for your embarrassment.


Would anyone mind if I just lie on the floor and study this ceiling?

Sweet!


And of course, the main attraction.  Looks just like the magnet on my fridge.  And not a heck of a lot bigger.

Another one of Napoleon's arches.  This one, just across from The Louvre, has rose marble columns.

Just a little freshening up at the Hilton, before leaving Paris.

Ahhh.  I heart Paris! :)

3 comments:

Janell said...

Maddie is going to Paris on her 10 day free travel in a couple of weeks. I'm jealous!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Tres bon! J'adore Paris.