Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jet Lag

I don't expect to get much sympathy in the next few days about the intense suffering from jet lag.  I mean, I get it.  How do you feel sorry for someone that just returned from another awesome trip to Europe?  Can't say that I blame you.  But that won't stop me from whining.

When we landed in Dallas yesterday it was about 4:00 p.m. CST.  Which is 11:00 p.m. in Paris.  Bedtime.  By the time we touched down in Tulsa it was 6:50 p.m.  1:50 a.m. Paris time.  Knowing I would have to work the next day, I toughed it out till 9:30 (4:30 a.m.) hoping to get a good night's sleep.  Fully awake this morning at 4:00 a.m. (11:00 a.m.).  See where this is going?  I'll be converting time zones for the next 2...maybe 3...weeks.  I'll milk it for all it's worth.

Fair warning to my co-workers -- this afternoon, between 1:00 and 3:00, I'll be meditating and praying. Do not disturb.

No comments: