Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Verviers, Belgium

If you had asked me to describe Belgium after last year's visit, I would have said, "grey." That would have been wrong.  Last year it was cool, cloudy and rainy.  This visit was warm and sunny, and now I would describe it as "beautiful."

Last year

This year

See what I mean?

We stayed at the Verviers Vandervalk Hotel, which used to be a train station.


Very different from the hotel in the Netherlands where we stayed last year.  (Remember the story about breaking in?)

Anyway.  This hotel was quite lovely.  And we were never locked out.

Belgium has several American cemeteries, Henri Chapelle being the largest (if I have my facts straight).





After an amazing worship service on Sunday, we took a drive to the church's campgrounds. 'Cause we haven't spent near enough time in the car.




Then on to Malmedy for our Belgian waffles!


I quit after 4.  Carol would still be eating if they had kept the jam coming.


We had a wonderful visit with Jean-Marie and Suzanne.  Except for the slight hiccup when Greg ratted me out  announced that I was no longer attending the home congregation.  I thought Jean-Marie was gonna flip.  I'm thinkin' this is probably my last trip to Europe. ;-) Good luck photoshopping me out of all the pics.


Subtle.  Yet makes a statement.


No comments: