Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Crash!

Yesterday started out being a good day. Mondays are Lauren days. She had big smiles for me all day. Jeff called to inform me that he will be Head of the Art Department at Park Hill next year, as well as teaching AP Studio. Lauren managed to arrange her schedule perfectly for me to feed her just in time to take her to her other grandparents' house so that I could get in a quick workout before a scheduled prayer meeting at 6:30. But my day took a turn for the worse on my way to Sand Springs. A hurried driver decided she had time to make a left turn in front of me. She was wrong. Maybe on dry, sand-free streets, it might have been possible. Not so in these conditions. Braking and honking, I took out the back end of her car. Immediately after impact, I jumped out to check on Lauren. She smiled sweetly at her Nana. (sigh of relief!) Thankfully, the driver is fully insured, accepted fault and I will be taking the car to Fox tomorrow for an estimate. Sadly, because of the incredibly bad weather we've had recently, they are very backed up, and since my car is driveable, it may be awhile before repairs can be made. In the meantime, I'm joining the ranks of the ghetto car drivers.

No comments: