Fun, Fun, Fun!! That's all I can say about the experience Janet and I had last night at Pass Your Plate. This may not be news to some of you, but it was our first time and I think we're hooked. Initially, I heard about it from my good friend Janell in Edmond. She assembles many of her family's meals there and her oldest daughter, Bailey, now works for the franchise in Edmond. They were offering a special trial offer for newcomers, two meals for the price of one, so Janet and I thought that was a good incentive to try it out. When we arrived, I was met by an old friend from Park Plaza whom I hadn't seen in over 20 years. She is one of the managers at the Tulsa location. It was great to catch up on her family and other friends we have in common. So what is so wonderful about this place?
1. You pre-choose your meals and upon arrival all ingredients, utensils, measuring cups/spoons, etc. are set out for you.
2. You can split the meals (most serve 6-8 people) into two meals serving 3-4.
3. The directions are posted at your preparation bar--no guessing.
4. Everything is placed in foil pans or zip lock bags for easy transfer into your freezer.
5. Pre-printed labels are attached to storage pans/bags that give directions for thawing and cooking the meal.
6. The meals are "restaurant" style, using ingredients I don't normally keep on hand. Good variety of meal choices.
7. They clean up after you! Big bonus for me, since I'm probably the messiest cook I know.
Only two gliches during the evening. Janet mistook cream cheese for butter and couldn't figure out why hers was thick and not melting like mine! Doh! The kind lady simply gave her a new bowl to start over. Whew! Thought we were going to have to pay for that!
When I took my gloves off I noticed some blood on my thumb. After washing my hands, it continued to bleed. After putting pressure on it with a paper towel it was still bleeding...badly! Tonya had to fetch a bandaid for me. They were probably glad to see us leave.
We left with a $10 coupon for our next visit, only good this month. So I'm already picking out my menu!
Loved it, Loved it, Loved it.