Monday, January 29, 2007

Lonely Birthday

Today is Neal's birthday. I'm a little sad that I can't be with him, but there have been many birthdays (mine AND his) that we've been apart. His family never made a big deal on birthdays, so he's probably not as disappointed as I am. Birthdays are supposed to be "out to dinner" days.

The weekend was busy, which is good for me since those are usually my loneliest days. All day Saturday was spent gathering information for taxes. Jeff was in town and he and Jeremy's family were here for supper Saturday night. Jacob was elated to see Jeff, which in turn made Jeff feel very special. Sunday began with church, then lunch with Jeff at Mazzio's, then a short trip home before heading back to meet my small group for devotional at the Nursing Home, followed by a meal together at Cracker Barrel. Back to the building to get my car and then a visit to St. Francis where a friend is waiting out his father's last hours.

Sorry if today's blog is a little depressing. Maybe I shouldn't have blogged at all, but I know you're all eager to hear about my life! ; )

No comments: