Saturday, January 13, 2007

Stranded

Oklahoma is experiencing another round of bad weather, i.e. ice, freezing rain, frigid temps. I am in Kemah, TX (South of Houston) and planned to return to Tulsa today. With the menacing forecast, I decided to head home a day early, reaching Tulsa last night, before the storm was to hit today. About an hour and a half into the trip, Jeremy called to warn me that the storm had already arrived in Tulsa, and to be extra cautious. Thirty minutes and a few calls later, he convinced me to turn around and go south. I heeded his warning mostly because it is so rare for him to call me, think of me, or worry about me. It must be bad. (Although with our decision to buy the hunting land out west, he may just be making sure he's still in the will.) So here I am, with too few clean clothes and running out of estrogen patches. The last 2 days here have been lovely...mid to high 70's, sunny to partly cloudy. Today, as I sat outside Starbuck's reading my bargain book from Barnes and Noble, I couldn't help but think about all my friends and loved ones iced in at home. (sigh) But it's not ALL good. The RV resort is packed with snow birds from the north which is very inconvenient for me. They're taking up my parking space. To make things worse, that same storm is forecast to reach here tonight or tomorrow. So.....I'm not sure when I'll be able to travel. I took a load of clothes to the laundromat today, one problem solved. But Texas is really funny about transferring prescriptions across state lines, so I'm doubling up on my Arbonne Prolief!!!! Thank you God for Prolief.

No comments: