Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My Husband

Neal and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday. For those of you who haven't reached that milestone yet, the best is yet to come. What a true blessing it is to be married to someone that you love more with each passing year. We made several "road trips" during the holidays, which gave us lots of needed alone time. He still makes me laugh til my sides hurt. He still tells me I'm beautiful, even though my roots are gray, I have "age spots" and my body is not proportioned the way it used to be. And he has improved greatly in the gift-giving department. He put a good deal of thought into my anniversary gift this year, combining both the traditional and the modern standards. He took advantage of his time off work to get a lipoma removed from his shoulder. Neither of us thought much about it. But it was more involved than we anticipated and this picture was taken 4 days post-op. Poor Neal!!!

No comments: