Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year's Resolution

I was reading other blogs and this subject kept reappearing. I was particularly impressed with the self-discipline of Dusty Rush. Can you believe he went the entire year of 1995 without eating one french fry? This year he is not drinking pop (that's soda for you northerners). Wow! I usually don't make New Year's Resolutions, but this got me thinking...what can I give up...or better yet...what SHOULD I give up this year. While working out with Janet today, it came to me (mainly because Janet constantly harps on me about this). I'm giving up artificial sweetener. Yep, that's it. I'm giving it up. Does that include Splenda? I think I heard somewhere that "it tastes like sugar, because it IS sugar." Just happened to have a box of it in the cupboard that Trista brought over. Only two ingredients--MALTODEXTRIN and SUCRALOSE. Sounds like malt and sugar to me...two very "natural" substances. So that's my question. Can I give up artificial sweetener and still have Splenda? Anyone...anyone?

I've changed the settings on my blog so that ANYONE can comment. You're welcome, Janet.

5 comments:

Amy said...

You know, articiial sweetners have caused cancer in labratory rats. I am my mother's daughter :)

Amy said...

http://www.womentowomen.com/nutritionandweightloss/splenda.asp

I found a website for you to check out.

Unknown said...

I read the article you mentioned. Isn't that just par for the course? Nothing is safe!!! Okay, no Splenda either. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought!

Terry Rush said...

I'm giving up Lint.

Unknown said...

I'm sure Mary will appreciate that. Or do you me Lent? Resolving not to resolve?