Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Revelation

God spoke to me today. Well, not in the literal sense. During my prayer time this morning, I noticed the temperature in the RV declining. As my body started chilling, I was a little distracted from my petitions to God, and began thinking about those on the streets of Houston, homeless, cold, and hungry. My mind began to wander, which isn't unusual if I'm not praying out loud, and I decided to go get the nice thick fleece blanket off of our bed. The blanket was handmade and given to us by Glenda, the wife of a friend, co-worker and RV neighbor of Neal's. Then I began to pray for those who were still cold. Like a bolt of lightning (almost) the idea crashed into my head that I could make some blankets, just like the one wrapped around me, to give to those on the streets. I could even dispose of all the old pairs of unmatched long johns that lie unused in stuffed drawers (dresser drawers, that is). I think that's what God wants me to do. So that's my new project when, and if, I ever make it back to T-town. Anyone want to help me?

In case you're wondering, the propane tank was nearing empty and with a quick switch of the lever, it warmed up in no time.

No comments: