Friday, February 09, 2007

Senility


This morning when I came into the kitchen, I noticed FLAMES out of the corner of my eye. I had left a 4-wick candle burning ALL NIGHT! This isn't the first time I've gone to bed with a candle still burning. Once, I got up in the middle of the night to visit the restroom, smelled the strong aroma, and blew it out. I left a candle burning one other night a couple of months ago, but luckily Trista noticed it before she went to bed. I had no one to cover my back this time, and thank God that my house didn't burn down. What is really scary is that it is surrounded by an artifical wreath that could have easily caught fire. Strangely, I did get up during the night but didn't smell anything. Apparently the cheap candle isn't even worth burning!!! So into the trash it goes. If you watch ER, you know that Alex started a fire in Samantha's apartment while she was sleeping, and it killed another tenant. That issue was revisited on ER last night. You'd think it would've been a reminder to me to extinguish the flames right then. Am I getting senile? Is it safe to leave me alone?

No comments: