Monday, January 07, 2008

...and the hits just keep on comin'

Jeff's house in Kansas City--Gladstone to be exact, is still sitting on the market. This is the last month that the realtor is under contract, and if it doesn't sell this month, he will have to do the unthinkable and "give it back" to the bank. My family, my small group, my prayer partners, my BSF group and several other individuals have been praying fervently for God to send buyers. Today, Jeff's realtor called to report that a water pipe had burst and the house was flooded. How much more can a man take? How much more can his mother take? I wanted to break down and have a good cry, but I was eating lunch with Janet when I got the call, and besides a brief tear-welling and crackly voice, I held it together. We had planned to immediately go to the gym, but Jeff needed me to go home and find the number for the insurance company, so we decided to meet back at the gym in an hour. Halfway home, and another call from Jeff--he happened to have the phone number in his wallet. I turned around and headed back, thinking I would be way early and could maybe sit in the parking lot and have a good cry before Janet arrived. But noooo. She beat me there and I had to again postpone my breakdown. Not that Janet isn't a friend I can cry with...but she's been a little on the edge lately, too, and I was afraid things would get out of control! The workout was therapeutic, especially since we're still learning how to adjust the new equipment--it kept my mind occupied. Sweating didn't hurt either. When I got home I knew I had two choices. I could either sit alone in the living room and bawl my eyes out, OR, I could go outside and scoop dog poop. I scooped.......and I prayed. (Is that irreverant?) I prayed that God would somehow turn this bad thing into something good. If you are not one of the ones I have enlisted to pray for this...consider yourself drafted. Let's see how God works in this situation.

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

I will try to remember you and your family in my prayers. Is Jeff having any luck finding a teaching job here? Just curious.