Monday, January 21, 2008

Crash of 2008

Though I could bemoan the plight of our economy, I'm actually writing about the crash of my hard drive last week. I've had repairs done before, and they've always been able to retrieve all my files, but alas, not this time. The only thing on my computer when I picked it up was the software it came with. I'm more thankful than ever for the internet, and the fact that some of my favorite pictures are stored on blogger and facebook. I do back up my photos on cds every year, but nothing had been saved since our move in May. My advice: BACKUP--BACKUP--BACKUP! Fortunately, I back up my financial files monthly, so I'm ready for tax preparation. Whew! Saturday evening I went to print Neal's boarding pass, and found I had to re-install the printer! What a hassle. Then I got an email from a fellow VBS committee member with an .xls file attached. Oh yeah....I'll have to re-install Excel. Erghh!

Side note: Did you know that if the temperature is too cold, propane will not rise and you can't grill outside? Found that out at 5:45 Saturday evening. Eight guests were waiting for 2" thick steaks at 6:00. Anyone prefer rare?

No comments: